Nursery {inspiration}

Lately, I have been obsessing over "peanut's" soon to be nursery.  After a trip to market in Atlanta with all the women of the family (Yes! we had a wonderful time and plan to go back annually!), I have a much better idea of what's to come.

After dinner at the Ritz in Buckhead 
Isn't my family beautiful ;)


....back to the nursery!  Here are some pictures that inspired my ideas:

I started at restoration hardware baby and child because I basically love every room that they do.  I love this color blue!!!!!! It is just so dreamy.



Then, I became obsessed with hot air balloons and globes! The colors in this picture are not exactly what I am going for, but I love! the globe mobile, giraffe lamp, and the hot air balloon model.



And, of course, I have to have animals for a little boy! Here are some of the prints that I liked....


To add a bit of a vintage feel, I decided to go with a Jinny Lind style crib similar to this picture:


Although I am not much of a "theme" person, going to market really helped me narrow down some of the items that I wanted to include in the nursery and the overall look that I am going for. The best description that I can come up with is a baby safari adventure/travel theme in a pastel colorway. 

Now, I am on to paint colors! Here are some ideas I already have for the walls:


I am looking for a light greige, but I have to decide whether to go more brown or more grey. 

I can't wait to share some of my purchases with everyone!....and, to post some before and afters.  I would love to hear what you think.

{all pictures not linked are courtesy of Pinterst}


Enjoy!
Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment